Quantum Cylinder Exhaust Design
A faster way to change loading spacers.
Here’s How It Works:
Get superior plunger cooling using lower air pressure than conventional forming systems that use the high pressure on/off cooling systems.
The Quantum Cylinder and Process equipment work together to allow the Forming Plunger to be cooled throughout the entire forming cycle.
Advantages of Quantum’s Multistage Cooling
- No thermal shock to the Plunger or overlay material
- Minimal dimensional growth of the Forming Plunger
- Closer fit to Guide Ring
- Lower pressures required due to Continuous (360°) cooling of the Plunger
- Having cooling on during Press Time reduces Plunger Up Pressing Pressure
- Lower temperatures result in higher speed potentials and reduced sticking
- The Plunger, Internal Cooler and Guide Ring will have a longer production life
Accuracy By Design
- Reducing Cartridge Bolt Breakage
- Reducing Cartridge Cap Breakage
- Precise Alignment during BB Process
- Reducing Container Defects
- Eliminates premature wear of BB components
- Increases life of Mould Equipment
Quantum’s BB cartridge is designed to impact the same point every cycle.
Quantum’s TWT® design eliminates the air leaks that can cause gob bounce and parison contamination present in other systems.
Air leakage that occurs in other systems causes serious gob loading problems that can range from excessive settle blow pressures to having the pathway for counterblow filled with dirt, glass and debris. This contamination can then be blown into the parison, compromising the strength and appearance of each container.
The deeper loading allowed by the improved Quantum TWT® System enables:
- Reduced settleblow time and pressure
- Less settlewave
- Higher speeds
- Improved finish qualities
- Better distribution
Quantum’s TWT® Forming System is designed to eliminate air leakage into the parison during gob loading and forming. No air leaks means no dirt and debris compromising your containers.
Using miniature cylinders can save up to 60% of your processing air without compromising production.
Better control of the forming with less force increases the strength of each container made.
The smaller piston area of Quantum’s miniature Cylinder provides rapid pressing and reduced volumes of compressed air for both up and down functions. The cooling tube passageway is identical to the thousands of full size TWT® Cylinders in use worldwide.